Membership Information for FVSA
Club functions consist of: Trail Rides, Play Nights, Horse Shows, Auctions, Socials, and other family activities.
Regular Meetings are held at 7:30pm at the clubhouse on the 1st Friday of every month.
Director's Meetings are held at 7:00pm at the clubhouse on the 3rd Thursday of every month.
A newsletter is mailed/emailed to members each month and keeps everyone informed of club functions and meetings.
Membership is open to all persons interested in horses. Most of our members own their own horses, but this is ~not~ a requirement.
We invite you to become a member of our Club!
Prospective New Members
Note: New FVSA membership applications are accepted only through May of each year.
Process for joining FVSA as a member
- Find a sponsor; you must have a current Fox Valley Member to sponsor you*
- Attend any General Membership Meeting before June with your sponsor
- Meetings are held the First Friday of each Month
- Attend the next scheduled Director's Meeting after attending a General Membership Meeting
- Meetings are held the Third Thursday of each Month
- At this meeting:
- You must submit a membership application
- You must submit your one-time initiation fee of $200
- You must pay your yearly membership dues of $120
- Dues will not be pro-rated regardless of when during the year you join
- You must agree to meet minimum volunteer hours requirement
* Sponsor must have been a member of FVSA for at least two years and be a voting member.
Sponsor responsible for acquainting new member with the grounds, rules, etc.
Additional membership notes
Voting rights will be granted after membership for one year as well as additional criteria.
Dues must be paid by February 28th of the current year.
Dues will be waived if member gets an upper level Advertising Sponsor (volunteer hours still required.)
Dues will be waived for following year if member's name is drawn at General Membership Meeting and that member is present (volunteer hours still required.)
A member attaining the age of 65 and having been a member in good standing for a minimum of five years will be eligible to become an FVSA Life Member.
If you are unable to retain your membership for any given year, you have the option to submit a written resignation which will enable you to rejoin at a later date without having to re-initate*.
* If you are unable to retain your membership for any given year, you may leave the club in good standing IF you 1) submit a letter of resignation to the Board, 2) turn in your keys and 3) have your volunteer hours completed for the current year. Following these steps will allow you to re-join the club at a later time without paying the initiation fee again.
Required Volunteer Hours for all members
|Husband, Wife, & Children||35 Total Hours|
|Husband & Wife||35 Total Hours|
|Individual Adult||17 Hours|
If required hours requirement is ~not~ met dues will be $600 for following year
All married persons must join as Husband/Wife
Single parents may be considered as an individual membership if their children are under the age of 10. Once the child/children reach age 10, the membership will be upgraded to a Family membership
Children 10 years old and older will be able to contribute to their parents hours requirements (smaller children can still help mom or dad of course)
Young adults over the age of 19 may have their own membership, or may continue on the family membership until age 21